Specializing in Safe, Personalized and Holistic Care
Northshore Midwives & Lactation Consulting is a unique and special practice
- We offer the highest quality midwifery care available. There are three midwives in our practice and we make every effort to ensure you have two midwives, who you know well, at your birth.
- Continuous caring relationships have shown to produce better birth outcomes. You will receive your prenatal care, birth care and postpartum care from the same providers, building a close relationship with the midwives who will be attending your birth, which helps you get the birth experience you want.
- Andrea is currently the only licensed midwife who is also an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant in Washington State.
- Breastfeeding support from a Board Certified Lactation Consultant is integrated into your prenatal and postpartum care, thus improving your breastfeeding experience.
- We are the only local practice that offers all clients a one-on-one lactation consult a few days after birth, which is covered by insurance.
- Felicia and Sadie are both clinical herbalists and specialize in herbal medicine for the childbearing year.
- Experience is important when choosing your midwives. Together our midwives have attended over 1000 births.
- We offer home birth or birth center options. You have all the time you need to decide the best location to birth your baby.
We maintain a small midwifery and lactation consulting practice committed to providing personalized and holistic care to families. Each care plan is tailored to the client’s specific needs and desires, together with informed choice and family centered care.
The intent is to see clients more frequently and with longer visits. This practice style allows us to build relationships with our clients, which is the foundation of midwifery care and ensures clients are getting the quality care they deserve. We offer both natural birth and water birth in either a home birth or birth center setting, while recognizing the needs of different cultures and lifestyles.
Northshore Midwives & Lactation Consulting is a sustainable practice committed to minimizing waste products such as paper and medical supplies. In addition, we take a limited number of births each month to maintain our ability to provide the highest quality care for each of our clients. We would love to meet you, schedule a consultation today to meet with a midwife.
Andrea Henderson, LM, CPM, IBCLC
Felicia Dunbar, MSM, LM, CPM
Sadie Whitten, MSM, LM, CPM
Schedule your free consultation today.
18208 66th Ave NE, Suite 200
Kenmore, Washington 98028
- You will see the sign for Eastside Natural Medicine.
- Park in the upper parking lot.
- Once entering the front door, take an immediate left to find our office.